The Polar FT4 heart rate monitor is the ideal training companion for anyone who wants a basic heart rate monitor that keeps things simple. With an easy-to-use design and user-friendly features, the Polar FT4 is a perfect choice for recreational exercisers or those who want to get started with heart rate training.
- Polar OwnCal calculator for displaying the number of kilocalories expended during training
- Wireless ECG, comfortable textile heart rate transmitter that adapts to body shape, with coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Maximum heart rate recording for smarter training
- Manual and automatic HR target heart rate zones
- Provides continuous, accurate heart rate to keep your fitness training simple
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant (30m)
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink
This Polar heart rate monitor also displays your progress as you training, giving you the data you need to recognize and boost fitness improvement, no matter what your sport. The Polar FT4 HRM is the latest version of the Polar A5, F6 models.
Bundled with the Polar H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Comfort is the key when training. That is why Polar created the slim H1 heart rate sensor. It not only measures your heart rate but also seamlessly adapts to your body shape, so you can forget you are wearing it and focus on your exercise.
Whats In the Box
- Polar FT4 training computer
- Polar H1 Heart Rate Sensor
- FT4 Getting Started Guide
Body measurement features:
- Automatic age-based target zone bpm / %- To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer determines your heart rate target zone limits automatically according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate, or as a heart rate reserve (% HRR). See also Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and Manual target zone.
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate bpm / %- Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute (bpm) or as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate.
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm- You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- HRmax (user set)
- Manual target zone bpm / %- This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Polar OwnCal calorie expenditure- Polar OwnCal calculates the number of kilocalories expended during training. This feature allows you to follow the kilocalories expended during one training session and cumulative kilocalories expended during several training sessions. Some Polar products also estimate the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, kilocalories expended from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total kilocalories burned.
- Polar OwnCode (5kHz) coded transmission- Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Totals- Totals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
- Training files (with summaries) 10
- Graphical target zone indicator- This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
- HeartTouch button-free operation of wrist unit - When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock- By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant - 30m